ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

how to connect a beam effect point to the position of an already connected null object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georg Pircher Verdorferhow to connect a beam effect point to the position of an already connected null object
by on Nov 25, 2011 at 12:44:53 pm

hello,
i'm new to this forum and always appreciate the expertise I got during the last years. so my first question is, so I guess, kind of a tough one. or probably there is a simple solution and I just didn't see it ;)

I have a tracked sequence of an Interview. There is a person talking and a text element that is connected to the tracker-null-object that aligns with the movement of the talkers head. what i want to do is to connect the start point of a beam effect to a point in the face of the person talking (therefore I have to track the sequence again: i decided to track the eye). the end point of the beam effect i want to connect to the text element, which is already connected to the main-tracker null object.
The problem is that I cant connect the end point to the text element (via new-null-object connected to the main tracker) or to any other element that is connected to the main tracker.
Any suggestions? I hope I pointed this out comprehensibly...

cheers from austria
g

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: how to connect a beam effect point to the position of an already connected null object
by on Nov 25, 2011 at 6:37:07 pm

This expression returns the value of Childlayername's anchor point to the world.
L=thisComp.layer("Childlayername");
L.toWorld(L.anchorPoint);
:)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Georg Pircher VerdorferRe: how to connect a beam effect point to the position of an already connected null object
by on Nov 27, 2011 at 6:00:49 pm

thanks great szalam. problem solved. i love this forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]