ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Panning over multiple images??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex SmithPanning over multiple images??
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 6:13:01 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before. Im sure there are tutorials there but I'm really struggling to find anything.

I want to have multiple images in a composition, some of them animated, and pan over them, where instead of setting key frames on the individual images to move them around, I would pan the screen over them.

Im not sure if im explaining myself properly here.

I am at work at the moment but I will try and find an example on youtube of what i mean so that I can link, but in the mean time if anyone gets what im saying and can link me in the right direction i would really appreciate it as its going to be fairly essential to the intro of the project I am currently working on.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Panning over multiple images??
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 7:18:23 pm

You could use parenting [link] to link multiple layers together.

You could also promote your layers to 3D [link], position them in 3D space, then animate a camera over them.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Alex SmithRe: Panning over multiple images??
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:29:20 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Parenting may work actually and sounds like the simplest option. Altho the second option sounds like may be the better soloution to learn in the long run , as it will open up more options.

One other thing i wanted to check is, for example say i had 10 videos and i made them all look like they were in frames on a wall and i wanted to pan around them and then zoom in and select one, would the camera option be the way to do it?

Return to posts index

Alex SmithRe: Panning over multiple images??
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 9:02:04 pm

Randomly i ended up watching this as a friend linked it, and I guess this pans around what seems to be a larger image made from different layers, say from 2 mins onwards, altho the video is really good so maybe just watch the whole thing anyway :)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Panning over multiple images??
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 6:14:24 pm

[Alex Smith] "One other thing i wanted to check is, for example say i had 10 videos and i made them all look like they were in frames on a wall and i wanted to pan around them and then zoom in and select one, would the camera option be the way to do it?"

You could do this with either method. Personally, I find camera animation to be a bit more natural and flexible for more complicated shots.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]