ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creation of a network animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Kopp
Creation of a network animation
on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:56:32 pm

Hi,

I am creating a animation that show the relation between several sponsors and a school. I want it to have a network feeling. I found a pretty good example of what I am trying to achieve:

I already managed to make it in 2D. I use 2 null objects an a solid with a "beam-effect". The thing is, when you make de null object 3D it looses the connection between both because the beam only works in 2D.

Does anyone know a way to make an animation like the one in the youtube-link? I did some google search using "3d stroke animation" "stroke network animation" but nothing seems to help me out.

Thanks for any tip or guidance.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Creation of a network animation
on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:55:12 pm

I can't see the YouTube video due to restrictions on the network where I work, but you can make the Beam effect work in 3d. You need an expression the references the layers position toComp. Discussed here: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marten Kopp
on Nov 4, 2011 at 10:00:54 am

Michael, you're my hero! I didnt know what to search for but this is exact the sollution I need.

Another cow saved the day!!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 4, 2011 at 1:48:07 pm

:D

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]