ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

motion graphics rate

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nikhil madhavmotion graphics rate
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 8:03:51 pm

hi i am a vfx artist .i am from india.i am able to provide a good quality motion graphics(specialy logo animation 2d and 3d) and i want to do freelance motion graphics but i am not cofident about the rates. . so how i charge for motion graphics means on hourly basis or on per frame basis.please help.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: motion graphics rate
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 2:09:12 pm

It all depends on the market where you live, because you will be competing with those in your market for local work, and the market worldwide, given that you can put up a website.

I would suggest that you come up with an hourly rate, based on the cost of your equipment and software, your overhead (office rental, electricity, and other fixed expenses), and what you think you're worth. Then when someone calls you for a quote, you can figure out what you are going to charge for the project. Just telling someone what you charge an hour can sometimes scare them away. If they know what you charge an hour, plus how many hours it will take you (roughly, at least), then they can plan on what the cost will be.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved