ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Software for displaying scores / results live during e.g. sport competitions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mila LanySoftware for displaying scores / results live during e.g. sport competitions
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 3:42:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knows this kind of software if you know what I mean. I'm going to be responsible for motion graphics during competition of armwrestling. I'm going to prepare some kind of a template which will be filled in with names of the winners and their scores about 30-60 seconds after each of the rounds, so there won't be any time to render each clip e.g. in After Effects.

What software should I use?

I tried googling but the results don't seem to be what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance

Mila

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Software for displaying scores / results live during e.g. sport competitions
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:04:51 pm

Live sports scores are not typically done with off-the-shelf software. Broadcast graphics are usually driven live from a character generator or realtime graphics system like Chyron, Deko, or Vizrt.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mila LanyRe: Software for displaying scores / results live during e.g. sport competitions
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 1:26:45 pm

Thanks for your reply.

So as I can imagine, amateurs on low-budget events may find it impossible to perform such a task? Or is there any way to do it by other (meaning cheap) means?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Software for displaying scores / results live during e.g. sport competitions
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:25:28 pm

[Mila Lany] "So as I can imagine, amateurs on low-budget events may find it impossible to perform such a task? Or is there any way to do it by other (meaning cheap) means?"

Well, you won't have the same feature set that the full-blown systems would, but you could certainly do basic graphics with PowerPoint or Keynote if the event's switcher will accommodate computer graphics.

You just have to be very careful that you don't make any scoring updates while the graphics computer is live on-screen.

If the scoring goes 1-2-3, etc., you could also pre-fill all the slides so that slide 1 represents the score 0-1, slide 11 represents the score 1-1, slide 21 represents the score 2-1, etc. Putting the participants' names into the slide masters will mean you can simply jump around by slide number during the show.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: Software for displaying scores / results live during e.g. sport competitions
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 2:34:21 pm

I haven't tried but you could check out http://www.drs-digitrax.com/download.htm for their Deboard II and/or DeCrawler to see if they will fit the bill. They say these are used for digital signage with live updating possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]