ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rotoscoping a 2nd Set of Arms

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Jackson
Rotoscoping a 2nd Set of Arms
on Jun 8, 2011 at 4:28:02 am

Hi CC,

I'm shooting a dolly-tracked roto shot where I move in on a subject with a vest on. She turns to the camera. As she does, she reveals a 2nd set of arms from inside her vest.

I've been over and over in my head about how I'm going to roto this. I can't seem to determine what a better approach might be. I've been told to just do two passes and roto/time re-map the other set of arms.

In terms of paint, that'd be great if she was wearing a tanktop or t-shirt, but because her arms are coming out of her vest I'm thinking I should string her vest open with the top arms shot or something. That way her her vest will open appropriately with the bottom arms opening up. Otherwise, they'd cut through and would look fake.

In fact, I'm thinking shoot both set of arms without any jacket. Then re-map/position/roto the lower set of arms inside the fishing lined jacket.

I hope that makes sense. Am I approaching this the right way? I've never done this before and won't be able to do it again. I have plenty of time to work on it at home after work. But one day for the shot.

If anybody has any input I'd really really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-maX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]