ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to create opening title

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manfred fruhmenschenHow to create opening title
by on Mar 3, 2011 at 7:05:17 pm

I am trying to create a opening title on a curved screen filled with tv sets. each tv set has a different face in it. there are 30 tv sets
in the curve. I am working in a two year old version of final cut pro with motion. I need to figure out how to create the curved screen with 30 tv sets. I need to learn how to place a different face in each tv set. I need to learn hgow to have each face move from off screen to on screen and into the tv set. Are there 3rd party vendors who sell templates of tv screens? thank you.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: How to create opening title
by on Mar 4, 2011 at 4:08:24 pm

This is easy to accomplish in Apple Motion, and if you post your question in the COW MApple Motion forum, someone there can point you to a tutorial. I am pretty sure there is already a COW tutorial video on the site about making a curved video wall using Motion, and yes, it does everything you are looking for, including multiple sources and a nice reflection on teh floor in front of the sets. Best of all you can set it up as a template and re-use it easily.

Scoot over there and ask Stephen; he's incredibly helpful.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: How to create opening title
by on Mar 4, 2011 at 4:31:00 pm

Here is a tutorial on how to create a video wall:

You may want to take a look at this plug-in that creates video walls:

To get the clips to dissolve independently from each other: You add the Opacity parameter to the Sequence Replicator behavior, and set it to 0 - this will animated the opacity of every cell to 0 (or from 0 or through, depending on the choice you make).

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved