ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Working professional for interview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Hopkins
Working professional for interview
on Feb 17, 2011 at 11:48:48 pm

Hi, I'm a student at the Academy of Art University. This semester one of my classes is called Designing Careers. It's intention is to introduce us to things that will be helpful to marketing ourselves and preparing for the start of our career fresh out of school. I am working on a project for this class that requires an interview. I was wondering if any working professionals are around that wouldn't mind doing an interview for me. I guess the easiest way would be for me just to email some questions for you to answer. It won't be long. The only requirement for the interview is that the interviewee be employed in the industry (motion graphics) and have knowledge of the field in general for topics such as the past and future of the industry, salary trends, etc. I suppose the longer you've worked in the field the better. If you're interested in helping me out, you can email me at adamwhopkins@yahoo.com or respond here. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Working professional for interview
on Feb 18, 2011 at 4:23:50 pm

If you want salary trends I would recommend talking to someone in your local area. Salary is very different depending on your location. You will make a lot more in NYC then in Salt Lake City. Plus by interviewing someone local you can get a great contact that could help you find a job close to home. I would think of this as a lot more then a "home work" assignment and as an opportunity to further your career by meeting someone close face to face.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Adam Hopkins
on Feb 18, 2011 at 5:48:13 pm

Thanks for the input, I suppose I shouldn't have put salary trends as its so minor of a part. I appreciate your advice and that sounds like a great idea, but what you're talking about is not what this project is about. Also, there is no one in north Mississippi.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 19, 2011 at 12:53:49 am

I will be more then happy to help you out and answer some questions. I'm an Editor, Producer, Motion Graphics Artist and Colorist. If you want someone who only does Motion Graphics or someone who uses 3D programs I'm not your guy. Let me know.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Adam Hopkins
on Feb 19, 2011 at 6:00:56 pm

That sounds great man, thanks. I don't use any 3d programs,so that's no problem. My email is adamwhopkins@yahoo.com, if you'll email me yours I'll start working on some questions for you. It's due in a couple of weeks, so you'll be able to take your time and I'll make it short. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Feb 21, 2011 at 3:22:23 pm

I sent you an e-mail.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved