ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

power point artists

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
henk loorbachpower point artists
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 2:42:23 pm

Hi !

i'm currently looking into doing some stuff with powerpoint, trying to see how far we can stretch the limits of what's usually done,
but i, as a lot of people, have not been really having good experiences in terms of creativity.
as i am convinced that there must be amazing creators out there, i would love to get in contact with them or see some of their work as to understand what the possibilities are.
I'm not to lazy to research powerpoint myself, but a hint in the right direction of anyone on the cow having any good references or experiences they wouldn't mind sharing with me?
that would really give me a helpfull start and would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: power point artists
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 2:57:47 pm

Nancy Duarte is one of the most prominent thinkers in presentation design. Check out her books and design firm at

Garr Reynolds has also written a few books and runs a great blog at

I do a lot of presentation design myself, and I think that the keys to developing a good presentation are story and a holistic approach that considers the speech and the visuals together. Bad presenters fire up PPT, bang out some headlines and bullets, and then speak to them. Good presenters think about their message, make it relevant to their audience, and craft a speech and visuals that work together to support the story they're telling. This requires a blend of writing and graphic design skills, and a good deal of empathy to understand how an audience will receive the message. As you've noted, the tool itself is secondary and should not define the presentation.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

henk loorbachRe: power point artists
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 3:24:57 pm

thank you! as i said: greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: power point artists
by on Jan 27, 2011 at 8:16:28 pm

Power point can embed video. I suggest rather than pushing powerpoint to the limits, work with a motion graphics artist through a program designed for motion graphics like AE. Export a video and embed it as a slide in powerpoint.

Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved