ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Liquid Motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason StickneyLiquid Motion
by on Jan 5, 2011 at 7:12:52 pm

I am experimenting with a promotional video and want to know if/how I can have the effect of champagne pouring onto text. Is this possible at all? Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Liquid Motion
by on Jan 11, 2011 at 2:57:42 am

[Jason Stickney] "I am experimenting with a promotional video and want to know if/how I can have the effect of champagne pouring onto text. Is this possible at all?"

Sure -- anything is possible in visual effects with enough time and budget!

What you are looking to do is called a fluid simulation, and it must be done in a 3D application. RealFlow and FumeFX are a couple leaders in the category. Expect steep learning curves and steep price tags.

Depending on the look you're going for, you might be able to do your effect practically by actually pouring champagne.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Cory PetkovsekRe: Liquid Motion
by on Jan 12, 2011 at 10:03:38 am

Since you are just experimenting, and not wanting to blow $4k on realflow, you can download blender 3d and experiment with your effect in it's fluid simulator (and some web tutorials). If that is too complex for you, so will any other 3D render based solution. If not, then you're mostly there, now you just need a proper material, lighting and rendering, then compositing the 3D animation with your 2D animation and live video as needed.

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek
Corporate Video

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Liquid Motion
by on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:35:10 pm

I think on the cheaper side and maybe simpler, Digital Juice probably has some paint throws and liquid pours and splashes in their compositor's toolkit collections that you could composite in and make work as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]