ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Comic using Motion 3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle RielMotion Comic using Motion 3
by on Dec 19, 2010 at 4:25:08 am

I'm hoping if you have some time you could give me some help.

I'm doing a motion comic (my first one) for film school; a silly throw-away activity. I know a lot about editing, but little about motion. We are using Motion 3 on our Macs. I saw your tutorial for motion comics on Comic Life. Do you have any idea how to go about doing them in Motion? I'm struggling to find "Motion Comic on Motion 3 Tutorial" lol. Any advice would be great, not necessarily looking for a huge response.

I plan on using Mega Man sprites (I used to read Bob and George) and having Mega Man and Proto Man fight each other. I know how to manipulate the Motion 3 tools, but is it easy to get the sprites to move around? It seems easy, just tedious.

Thank you for any help! Appreciated!

Please e-mail me at I'll have a better chance of reading your reply there. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Motion Comic using Motion 3
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 9:00:39 pm

It's best to respond on the forum and not by e-mail so others can find the answers here instead of just a question.

Are you asking how to animate a character or how to create a comic book look? Or did I miss the boat totally?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Motion Comic using Motion 3
by on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:15:11 pm

I think what he means is motion comics in the sense of 2-d art panels that are manipulated in 3-d space to seem like you are making an "animatic" of a storyboard. The more involved versions of these add independent bits of animation to the individual panels, even as the master camera view pans across the overall composition. As if you put a comic book on a rostrum camera, dig? And added a few simple layered animated effects onto the various panels. At least that's what *I* thought he was talking about. There are great examples of this in the bonus materials of the "Watchmen" DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved