ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracker Data

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor RapanMotion Tracker Data
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:37:22 am

Hello,

I am really new at this and hope that someone can help me. I'm using Adobe After Effects to track the 2d motion of a white dot on a dark background.
I know how to set up the application to generate the motion tracking points, my problem is that i need to obtain the X,Y coordinates for these points without having to write them down one by one manually. An exporting plug-in or feature would be great, but even copy-paste is accepted, if it's done in bulk (not one by one).

Thank you for reading this, i really hope that someone can help,

Regards, Victor.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Motion Tracker Data
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 6:47:49 pm

[Victor Rapan] "I know how to set up the application to generate the motion tracking points, my problem is that i need to obtain the X,Y coordinates for these points without having to write them down one by one manually. An exporting plug-in or feature would be great, but even copy-paste is accepted, if it's done in bulk (not one by one)."

What's the next step in your workflow? What are you trying to do with the tracking data next?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Victor RapanRe: Motion Tracker Data
by on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:43:15 pm

Well, i'm analysing the somehow similar 2D motion of let's say 30 objects. I need the X,Y coordinates in order to use some form of interpolation and in the end find out which one of the 30 motions resembles the most an "already given" motion (i hope it makes sense, i'm not that great at explaining). I really need the coordinates because i need to show them in a popular format for a study.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Motion Tracker Data
by on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:33:08 pm

[Victor Rapan] "I need the X,Y coordinates in order to use some form of interpolation and in the end find out which one of the 30 motions resembles the most an "already given" motion (i hope it makes sense, i'm not that great at explaining). I really need the coordinates because i need to show them in a popular format for a study."

Once you do your tracking in After Effects, view the properties for the track point in the timeline -- you'll see a sequence of keyframes. Select all the keyframes for the property you're interested (attach point, confidence, etc.), then copy them to the clipboard. It'll go to the clipboard as tab-delimited text that you could paste into a spreadsheet.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Victor RapanRe: Motion Tracker Data
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 6:01:26 pm

Jesus Christ that was so easy, i lost a day on that without coming with that idea... thanks alot Walter!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]