ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Recreating the 'AT&T Train Commercial Effect'

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Spicer
Recreating the 'AT&T Train Commercial Effect'
on Aug 18, 2010 at 4:56:43 am

Hello all,

I'm about to shoot a short video and I need some ideas from all you film enthusiasts! To begin with, watch the video and the 'rewind' effect I'd like to mimic...

What I want to do is create a fast forward effect, instead of the rewind effect... which is, essentially, the exact same effect. So what I need to know is just that... how to create that effect. There is obviously some color correction, some lighting effects, and various other alterations but what IS the rewind - just a bunch of pictures/videos smushed together with some kind of turbulent effect?

I could easily make the classic, cheesy, time remapping-fast-forward, then slow to normal speed with a bunch of DJ scratching effects... I want to know how to make such a CLEAN, powerful, believable effect!

Any ideas or knowledge you can share WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

By the way, I have the Adobe Production Premium Suite. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Soundbooth.

THANK YOU!!!

Mitch Spicer
~WRS Productions~

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Recreating the 'AT&T Train Commercial Effect'
on Aug 20, 2010 at 1:02:16 pm

[Mitch Spicer] "There is obviously some color correction, some lighting effects, and various other alterations but what IS the rewind - just a bunch of pictures/videos smushed together with some kind of turbulent effect?"

It's tough to tell on YouTube, but it looks to me like a filmstrip of images being pulled through the gate. There's also some subtle movement on the Z-axis as it settles in and out of high-speed rewind.

I think the sound design really sells the effect in this spot.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]