ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need some critiques...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.Need some critiques...
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 10:39:35 pm

Hi Fellow Cows,

I would like some critiques on my very first pilot of my very first reality show. Don't hold back, give me the good, bad and the ugly :)

Here's the link

Return to posts index

Dan JohnsonRe: Need some critiques...
by on Jul 17, 2010 at 6:30:04 pm

I think it was cool. Good job. I think with it being bikers in all it could be a little more high energy, what I mean is shots like the store front can be fast moving wipe out zoom to show sign type of shoots. Cool stuff dude!

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Need some critiques...
by on Jul 24, 2010 at 11:39:08 pm

My two cents is that its very good.

The only thing that came to mind as a possible improvement stems from something a teacher told me a long time ago ... there should always be a logical reason/rationale for an effect or stylization ... not just an effect for the sake of a cool effect. Referring specifically to the beginning sepia-toned sequence, are you trying to convey dated, historical footage to show that these guys have been doing this stuff for a long time? It seems that's typically the reason for using sepia or B&W, but I didn't really get that aged feeling from that sequence. I did notice the film scratches, but other than that, the footage looks fairly new and pristine so perhaps it's just a matter of slightly overstating the aged look ... maybe a little film grain, flicker, stutter, etc. I might even shorten that part a bit, but maybe that's just me.

Just a thought ... don't mean to sound critical ... it's great work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved