ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

New to Motion - any advice on...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom LaughlinNew to Motion - any advice on...
by on Jul 15, 2010 at 8:38:30 pm

Hey everyone, fyi: I don't have my membership renewed yet, and was wondering in the world of "free", it there are some cool sites that may have on-line video tutorials on using "Motion", as well as any sites that many have tools and elements that can be used that are royalty free, a Digital Juice alternate?

Just wondering what was the best instructor on-line or on DVD that helped you the most get into Motion, as well as was very effective in getting you going quickly. I'm savvy in FCP and DVDSP, but trying to range out into graphics.

I'm trying to learn one program at a time to see which one best fits my needs, tight deadlines are sometimes there, but for now, grasping the educational aspect of it. Anyone like Motion over After Effects, and do they essentially do the exact same thing, more or less control, likes dislikes, recommendations on over-all functionality and what you have used and are pleased with. I'm not doing a ton of intensive stuff, but never know.

Any advice on these fronts are much appreciated!

Tom Laughlin
Salt Lake City, UT
FCP7/Sony EX-3/Mac Quad-Core Intel

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: New to Motion - any advice on...
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 2:58:30 pm

There are lots of great free Motion tutorials here on the COW. As for training, I'm biased and would recommend Creative COWs Moving with Motion training DVD. It has gotten some really great reviews, take a look at the Moving with Motion commercial.

As for free content like Digital Juice, check out the free templates and content that comes with Motion.

As for stuff built in Motion, take a look at these projects I've built in Motion. Real World projects built in Motion.

Hope this helped and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: New to Motion - any advice on...
by on Jul 16, 2010 at 7:49:30 pm

Your manual id free at this point. Go through it and challenge yourself.

Return to posts index

Dan JohnsonRe: New to Motion - any advice on...
by on Jul 17, 2010 at 6:23:17 pm's Motion training is super basic. I didn't learn a lot. I would go with Moving with Motion. By the time you watch everything you'll feel like a Motion wizard.

Return to posts index

Anthony MarzilliRe: New to Motion - any advice on...
by on Jul 19, 2010 at 8:52:54 pm

over 200 here to help you get started.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved