ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Career question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brock McClungCareer question
by on Jun 10, 2010 at 3:45:54 pm

Hey all. I am new to CC and I would like to introduce myself. I would also like to get some info on careers in motion graphics. Hi.

I am a print designer and have been one for the past 12 years. I am looking to move into a "media that moves." I have long since considered interactive media, but never really considered motion graphics until very recently. I am not sure what careers in motion graphics are available that would benefit my graphic design background. I love design and am very passionate about it, but I am bored with print design. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Career question
by on Jun 15, 2010 at 7:22:47 pm

Motion graphics is a pretty competitive and saturated field, but you are skilled, design-savvy, personable, and well-connected, there is plenty of work. I think that a strong background in print design could be a great asset.

What sort of work are you doing now? Are you freelance? Could you roll out new services to your existing clients?

If you're looking to get work from others, you'll need a great reel. Have you started learning After Effects or Motion to see how you like it?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved