ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

FCP displaying imported 16:9 SD motn file as 4:3!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan ArcherFCP displaying imported 16:9 SD motn file as 4:3!
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 11:30:57 am

I have been looking all over the web for days and have not really found a good answer or solution to my problem.

Using Motion 3 to produce some PAL Widescreen anamorphic (16:9) title graphics and then I use FCP to import the files into my video project.

Problem is that the .motn files always come into FCP being distorted into 4:3!! Also did a quick test and exported as quicktime video from Motion and it comes out as 4:3 as well....

Now I understand how 720 x 576 resolution can be both for 4:3 and 16:9 ratio (because of the pixel aspect ratio), took me a while to get my head around it though.

I did find a trace of something within another forum which may work (but i'm at home right now and not at work). In the FCP bin there is a column there for the imported files whereby you check an anamorphic checkbox for it to fit the canvas properly. Would this work for me? Is my whole issue because FCP keeps reading my motion files in the wrong pixel aspect ratio? (square vs rectangle).

Could anyone help me out with this? It has been doing my head in for about a week!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: FCP displaying imported 16:9 SD motn file as 4:3!
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 2:46:31 pm

Highlight the footage in question in the FCP browser. Find the Anamorphic column. Put a check mark in it. Done.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ryan ArcherRe: FCP displaying imported 16:9 SD motn file as 4:3!
by on Jun 5, 2010 at 1:22:27 pm

Thanks Dave. Just to confirm - that would be the fcp bin wouldn't it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: FCP displaying imported 16:9 SD motn file as 4:3!
by on Jun 7, 2010 at 2:33:28 pm

Yes.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]