ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

individual frames respond to music?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marek Ulmanindividual frames respond to music?
by on May 31, 2010 at 4:23:25 pm

how to do this effect in the after effect, the individual frames to respond to music? pls

in time 6:26-6-32

time 3:00 - 27, 4:57 etc

Thank you in advance for advice or action mara

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: individual frames respond to music?
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 9:00:40 pm

I don't have time to look at fifteen minutes of video, but in the first three minutes of the first video, I saw absolutely NO After Effects work. I saw very careful editing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: individual frames respond to music?
by on Jun 1, 2010 at 9:57:58 pm

If you mean the stuttering motion with the lady writhing on the stripper pole, that could be done in the editing program by freeze-framing at the start of a beat, as seen in your wave form audio display. A bit tedious to adjust a bunch of the freezes between motion segments, but doable with a reasonable amount of red bull consumption.

In After Effects you can have an audio track drive an effect thru expressions, and this will automate a particular parameter adjustmet like position, color, strobing motion, or other effect. Core Melt has some free downloadable effects that simulate audio VU meters and bar graphs that automatically react to an audio track. You might examine these for some hints.

Many such expressions are already pre-canned and ready to apply, others, you have to write yourself, or adapt from existing expressions. Try a keyword search for "audio-driven expressions in AE".

Now, back to Shprockets, with your host, Dieter.

Return to posts index

grinner hesterRe: individual frames respond to music?
by on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:54:58 pm

Tap your foot. On those beats, make your cuts or transitions.
We all have rythem. Some just don't realize it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved