ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Education - Motion Graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Martin
Education - Motion Graphics
on May 9, 2010 at 11:26:18 pm

Hey COW community,

I'm Philip, 17 years old and junior in high school (exchange student from germany).
I discovered motion graphics a few years ago and was fascinated.
I taught myself Motion Graphics and with the help of Andrew Kramer, I had fun and I developed a passion for it :)
Anyways, I wanted to know, if anybody could help me and/or give me information on further education, or maybe freelance jobs etc.?
I use After effects cs3 and if you are interested you can check out some of my stuff on my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VollesProgramm92

my latest project is a promo for a youth convention in TN, which actually is my first serious project.. the previous stuff is firstly pretty old and secondly it was mainly messing around and having fun :) I know, my "reel" is neither large nor awesome. I just want to start digging and getting some information on this to plan out my future a bit better..

Thank you!
Philip

PS: Excuse me, if I made grammar mistakes, English is my 2nd language :) thanks!

Return to posts index

Philip Martin
Re: Education - Motion Graphics
on May 10, 2010 at 8:06:44 pm

sorry, for some reason the link disappeared..
here is ml latest project though:

i already spotted some flaws, oh well :)

Return to posts index

Simon Stutts
on May 19, 2010 at 7:53:54 am

One thing I would say...

The promo is cool. I like the look of it, and the animation is slick - however: to someone who knows what they are looking at, it SCREAMS Video Copilot (Flares, Sure Target transitions, animated flourishes, etc).

For future projects, I'd work at incorporating techniques learned from VC in less obvious ways. I don't mean to demean your hard work, and its not by any means a bad place to start from, but it is something to be careful of, especially if you are dealing with video or graphics professionals (who will spot Video Copilot stuff immediately).

Return to posts index

Philip Martin
on May 19, 2010 at 7:03:08 pm

thanks simon, I know it really does look like video copilot, although I tried to get away from that and make my own stuff. On top of that I just bought the Kramer's Evolution stuff so I wanted to try it out immediately :) I learned almost everything from VC and the rest I figured out myself and at this point I'm in the progress of getting my own stuff done and creating my own style.. but I have time, I'm only 17 :)

Thanks for your comment! It's really interesting and useful to have the oppurtunity to communicate with professionals through creative cow..
right now I'm working on one other promo for a clothing brand (http://www.notw.com) and I try to get started on videohive.com by making some stock footage.. oh well, at least I get practice and the rest I will hopefully learn in college :)

Return to posts index

Philip Martin
on May 19, 2010 at 7:13:15 pm

and oh, simon, do you know some good inspiring websites or something? Or where do you get your inspiration from?

Return to posts index

Simon Stutts
on May 19, 2010 at 7:47:10 pm

There's a video called "Pollinate" done by the studio Belief a few years ago. I think its still floating around on the internet. Google around for it, and you should find it (FYI - if memory serves, it has some mild NSFW images in it). It's a great presentation on inspiration and creativity.

Return to posts index

Jody Gordon
on May 17, 2010 at 5:15:22 am

Hi Phillip

Why don't you look at being a contributor? Great way to work on new projects, learn from others and get some income. I haven't made millions but I do ok. Worth a shot? Better to stick with the newer sites as you get more purchases (learnt that very quickly).

try videohive.com (individual files only) or

templatedigital.com (make packages and you get the package purchase and the opportunity for individual file purchases so more income potential).

There's probably others but it's a start :)

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Philip Martin
on May 17, 2010 at 7:08:54 pm

Hey Jody,

thanks, I tried Revostock.com before, but haven't uploaded anything yet, because I had some major projects going on.. I think it's a challenge to make a good template complete from scratch, thanks fo the other website though!

Philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]