ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Match moving a vector mask

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Fusco
Match moving a vector mask
on May 8, 2010 at 5:52:05 am

I have two layers of video: one shot from the backseat of a car through the front and another of riot footage. I want to put the riot footage on the windshield but I can't seem to figure out how to get the mask created around the shape of the windshield to change with match move. There are two people in the front seat and their heads move so I need the mask to only be on the windshield and not on their heads when they lean in to the middle. Any idea how to do that

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Match moving a vector mask
on May 12, 2010 at 11:08:02 pm

What programs do you have access to? And for the better question...can you re-shoot the car scene with a green screen in front of the windshield. Trust me, it's a lot easier.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Carl Fusco
on May 12, 2010 at 11:45:59 pm

I have final cut studio pro so motion after effects color all those things. Reshooting with a green screen wouldn't allow me to have the opacities of the videos ontop of the windows be low. I don't want them to be the only thing seen in the window

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 13, 2010 at 2:32:42 pm

You can shoot the car and then add the riot footage, then shoot the talent on green screen. Or you shoot the car, then add the green screen and shoot the car again. Add the riot footage, car and then car with people in front of green screen.

Other wise you will need to roto-scope the footage which can be done in Motion or AE.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]