ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

bed/mattress advert that used motion graphics

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Crawford
bed/mattress advert that used motion graphics
on Feb 16, 2010 at 3:46:49 pm

Anyone know the name of the bed/bedroom/mattress company that had an advert that used a load of cool motion graphics over video footage?

Cheers,
Steve

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: bed/mattress advert that used motion graphics
on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:28:19 pm

Um, what continent do you live on? That would be a help....

Are we talking about an company that advertises nationally in the US? Is it a regional or local advertiser? If so, an you pin down a locale?

Just for the heck of it,I did a quick google of "mattress company" and came up with 145,000 possible choices.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Stephen Crawford
Re: bed/mattress advert that used motion graphics
on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:51:47 pm

I live in the UK but I have a funny feeling it was a Swedish or Dutch mattress/bed company...not sure why though.

And yes I did do a google search.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
More info needed
on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:55:18 pm

There are an awful lot of commercials all around the world. I have seen a number of mattress commercials featuring motion graphics over video. Was it on ITV, Channel 4, Sky, etc. and was it shown frequently enough to have entered the national consciousness? Or do you just remember stumbling across it on YouTube/Vimeo one day? Was it a recent advert? What general style were these graphics? Why are you asking about it? Do you remember anything about the ad campaign such as a tagline, voiceover, color scheme, logo shapes, etc.?
You're asking a somewhat impossible question, but perhaps with some more info, somebody might be able to offer help.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Stephen Crawford
Re: More info needed
on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:18:04 am

It was an ad I saw on YouTube a few years back now, and it used the oldskool style in the video below...

Type (that is just used for visual aid) and shapes and lines overlaied over the video that was playing. I need it to use in a moodboard for some work I'm doing.

It was really different to the normal bedding/bedroom adverts around. Quite hectic. Sorry I know I'm being rather vague but I'm going off a hazy memory.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 17, 2010 at 9:06:10 pm

Not in an advert, but you can see this effect in two movies I know of; "Fight Club" and "Stranger Than Fiction"

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 18, 2010 at 8:06:50 pm

[Stephen Crawford] "It was really different to the normal bedding/bedroom adverts around. Quite hectic. Sorry I know I'm being rather vague but I'm going off a hazy memory."

I doubt that we'd be able to help since it's necessarily vague. But take heart: your creative juices can now start flowing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]