ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Need help on some nice effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James AffolabyNeed help on some nice effects
by on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:05:34 am

Hey people, how are you doing?
I am starting to do some editing for some music videos and i'd like to get your help on some effects. I got all the softwares that come with Adobe Creative Master Suite 4 (notably Premiere pro and after effects that i use for editing).

okay, let's go straight to the point. Here is a link of a video:
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhH7C8v9Ow7pi34mSX
1. i was wondering how they made this effect which is at 00:34, 00:38, 01:10 where the screen is shaking and quaking when the bass is knocking. Do anyboday have a clue? is it a plugin that i can get? how can i create this effect?

2. The second effect i'd like to get your help on is the one at 00:47 where there are 2 images playing back and forth quickly.

I have an idea on how to create those effects but i want them to be great and excellent, that's why i'm asking for your help.
Could you please help me out?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Need help on some nice effects
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:13:45 am

The flipping back and forth of the two different images is just editing. Lots of cuts in Premiere.
Although you could do it in AE.
Set your two videos one on top of the other.
Set a hold keyframe for opacity at 100% on your top layer, go a few frames ahead and set a keyframe for 0% opacity.
Alt+click on the stopwatch and add a loopOut expression. (I'm not in front of my AE machine at the moment and my expressions skills aren't so hot that I can think of it off the top of my head, but try the flyout expression menu or google it to get the proper syntax.

The bouncing could be done in After Effects by using something like SoundKeys from Trapcode or using the convert audio to keyframes command included in AE.
Here's a post where someone else was asking the same question.
Here's another, older, posting that links to a plugin that may or may not still work.

I found them all within a minute by searching for bass shake or shake beat here on the COW and I'll bet you could do the same or, if you want a broader search that is still awesome, use the AMAZING Adobe Community Search.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Need help on some nice effects
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 3:35:07 pm

Okay, if you're doing the flashing thing in AE set a hold keyframe for 100% opacity on the top layer, go 2 or 3 frames forward and set a hold keyframe for 0%.
Then, if you went 2 frames forward on the previous step, go 1 more frame forward or if you went 3 frames forward on the previous step, go 2 frames forward and set a third keyframe at 100% opacity.
Then alt-click the stopwatch for opacity, delete the text that shows up and write loopOut(type="cycle")
You can then adjust the keyframes a bit to get the speed you want.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

James AffolabyRe: Need help on some nice effects
by on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:10:37 pm

thanks! you're helping me a lot. i will try what you told me.
I'll let you know if this works!
i appreciate that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]