This is some fantastic motion graphics work. You have to check it out:

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jameson WallaceRe: The Beatles Rockband
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 3:30:31 pm

It really is. Harmonix did a great job with the website and videos. Can't wait to play the actual game.

| Jameson Wallace
| Motion Graphics Festival
| New Motion + New Sound + New Code

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: The Beatles Rockband
by on Dec 17, 2009 at 8:02:38 pm

I like the manga-flavored but still recognizeable look, all the little easter-egg details in things like shoppe names in the backgrounds, etc. that jump out the more of a beatlemaniac you are; this rewards repeat viewing and step-framing. Historically, the locations are not all in perfect chronological synch, but it works.

I really don't care much for the Rock band or Guitar Hero game, Guess I play the Stu Sutcliffe version right now - You face away from the screen and pretend you know how to play it;-)

I'd rather learn to actually play along. I can, sorta, with my synth keyboard in Garage Band, one track at a time, but I like it that what comes out of that is actually ME, good or bad. To me the game is just a pretty way to reward reflex-triggered button-pushing. Same reason I tried but soon got bored with the laser-disc based arcade games "Dragon's Lair" and 'Space Ace". While beautiful and expensive, really all your interactivity was in how well you memorized a sequence of button pushes, not what tactics or strategy you used in playing the game. That got old really fast, despite the "infanto-ray".

Return to posts index

Mike CohenRe: The Beatles Rockband
by on Dec 29, 2009 at 1:46:29 pm

Mark - I don't suppose you were a fan of the Zork games?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: The Beatles Rockband
by on Dec 29, 2009 at 5:02:46 pm

I was too poor to afford early computers, or computer games, I played my share of Space War and Trek on a mainframe at college a couple of times, but most of my gaming was on hex paper with Steve Jackson's "Ogre" and "Warp War", and the science fiction RPG called "Traveller"... which I now play with MY teenage children. I was "aware" of Zork, but never played it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved