ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tracking a travel matte

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Stoneburner
Tracking a travel matte
on Sep 22, 2009 at 2:08:40 am

Wondering if you can track a travel matte very well in Motion. What i want to do is isolate a figure from black and white footage as best I can and composite into the background of some color footage.

doesn't have to be perfect, just better than an egg shape that will cut off limbs if they move.

SIDE NOTE: here's a tip for Stephen re: his post on an audio forum looking into public domain clip of Wilhelm Scream:

Found this on archive.org (public domain footage etc.):
http://www.archive.org/details/AWilhelmScreamFamousFriendsandFashionDrunksT...

Best,
Roger

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Tracking a travel matte
on Sep 23, 2009 at 8:52:37 pm

Roger,
Can you post a still grab of the video you want to work with?

[Roger] SIDE NOTE: here's a tip for Stephen re: his post on an audio forum looking into public domain clip of Wilhelm Scream:

Found this on archive.org (public domain footage etc.):
http://www.archive.org/details/AWilhelmScreamFamousFriendsandFashionDrunksT.....

Thanks, but I don't understand how that helps?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Roger Stoneburner
on Sep 24, 2009 at 12:09:43 am

I guess I should have looked more into what a Wilhelm Scream is. As I was posting my question, I was in the middle of researching public domain footage for a project I was working on. I saw your post and just plugged in "Wilhelm Scream" into the search for kicks to see what came up, and that was the link.

Everything on that site is public domain, including footage, audio files, and much more. If it's on that site, it's public domain. My mistake for not doing a bit more research into what a WIlhelm Scream is, sorry :)

cheers

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Sep 24, 2009 at 3:10:32 pm

Be careful of that website. I've looked for footage there and someone marked it as no copyrights and trust me, it was copyrighted. The work I looked at was a bunch of copyrighted footage strung together in a montage. Maybe the person who submitted it was saying that the work they did in stringing the footage together was not copyrighted but the footage was and that was not made clear. Maybe it was a one time thing but it bugged me. Thanks for thinking about me and offering up help, I appreciate that.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out the Graphics Demo Reel I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]