ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for a program to RT Lip sync

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Combs
Looking for a program to RT Lip sync
on Feb 12, 2009 at 6:40:37 pm

I've seen and heard of a RT process of lip syncing or animating using video input information and a 2d animated charecter and having the person through video effect the charecters animation. Ex. The Real life model Raises his eyebrow in Real life and in Real time this information on a computer moniter has it so it moves the chrecters eye brow as well. It was not a motion capture suit or procedure. Any clues?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Looking for a program to RT Lip sync
on Feb 13, 2009 at 10:01:34 pm

It is machine vision and real-time motion capture. I have seen software that uses a camera shot closeup on your lips or face to recognize changes and drive a model face in real time, but I can't remember a name off the top of my head. Try looking for a link to this stuff on turbosquid. They probably advertise there.

There are also systems that use puppeteering techniques. These are all pretty spendy.

On the lower end, what some folks do is use a MIDI keyboard or keybad with assignable functions, like those for WOW or CAC video games, or even custom apps for wii controllers, and assign a key or motion to each "muscle" of the model, to "play" it in real time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]