ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compositing a Transparent 3D logo within an After Effects project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Hebert
Compositing a Transparent 3D logo within an After Effects project
on Oct 10, 2008 at 1:35:09 pm

Does anyone know a way to import a transparent 3D logo within After Effects without the use of Invigorator Pro OR Cinema4D? I am using Strata 3D CX and After Effects. My theory is that I could model and render a simple animated logo in strata with a simulated green chroma key backdrop and then key the backdrop out fairly easily in After Effects to produce a transparent animated logo within After Effects? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Joel H.

Return to posts index

Nel Santiago
Re: Compositing a Transparent 3D logo within an After Effects project
on Oct 10, 2008 at 4:44:23 pm

Does Strata not support alpha channels in it's render output? If it does, that's all you'll need.
-N

Site:ForbiddenSky

Blog:TVNewsBlog

LinkedIn:Profile

Return to posts index

Joel Hebert
on Oct 10, 2008 at 4:46:42 pm

Nel,
It does.I will implement.Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nel Santiago
on Oct 10, 2008 at 4:50:43 pm

oh cool, wow I had not heard the Strata name in ages, not since it was Strata Studio Pro, I used to use that back in the day... when Infini-D was around and there were not that many options for 3d on a mac. Too cool, will have to check it out. I hope that helped :)
-N

Site:ForbiddenSky

Blog:TVNewsBlog

LinkedIn:Profile

Return to posts index

Joel Hebert
on Oct 10, 2008 at 5:08:24 pm

Yeah. I'm a newcomer to 3D and the latest versions of Strata work like all the Adobe programs (similar layout, tools, etc.). 6 months ago, when I decided to venture into 3D, I tried out Blender and the interface was absolutely awful (especially trying to just see the buttons within the program on a 12-inch Powerbook!). By contrast, the learning curve with Strata has been much easier on me thus far. Also, I've been told that the rendering engine in Strata is fairly strong for the price. The subdivision modeling side of it has been Strata's weak point, but many have told me that it has drastically improved with each version. Hence, Strata is a good fit for my work-flow at this point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]