podcasts

Superbowl Commercials-Vote for your favorite

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kathlyn Lindeboom
Superbowl Commercials-Vote for your favorite
on Feb 6, 2006 at 7:05:29 pm

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads

I'm not big on watching football, but I do like good commercials. You can watch at the link above and vote for your favorites.

Or feel free to discuss why your favorite was your favorite. Also, if you can, share with us if you worked on any of these.

I haven't made it through the whole set yet, but a couple in the 1st quarter that I thought were hilarious were the "Magic Fridge" and the FedEx commercial.

In the second quarter, I really liked the technique of "Knight"

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

jean hauptman
Re: Superbowl Commercials-Vote for your favorite
on Feb 6, 2006 at 9:27:08 pm

Thanks, Kathlyn! All I had time to see on the Superbowl was Mick. I was expecting him to dodder over, but the old guy held up pretty well - a lot better than geriatric Steppenwolf wailing "Born to be Wild" on a PBS concert.

Return to posts index

DavePotts
on Feb 6, 2006 at 10:37:48 pm

As much as I loved some of the great effects and graphics work of alot of the ads, I still think that the Ameriquest "Hospital" commercial was the best. Simple, well executed, and darkly funny.

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on Feb 7, 2006 at 1:13:39 am

There were several that I would term "darkly funny" -- although, twisted was the word we called them here. I think it was a toss up for us between the Magic Fridge, FedEx and Ameriquest Airplane"?"-- not sure if that's the title.

Ron's favorite was the Magic Fridge --

Of course, we were looking strictly as a consumer and not a broadcast designer.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
The Mistress of Mmmooooo!

Return to posts index

Butch
on Feb 7, 2006 at 3:06:57 pm

Sprint Crime Deterrent was pretty funny. Cadillac spot, not bad. United Airlines Dragonslayer was good looking. I agree, Fedex delivered.

Return to posts index

Dex Craig
on Feb 7, 2006 at 5:51:18 pm

Personal favorite was the Whopperettes -- I just loved the surreal nature of the folks dressed up as condiments, leaping onto one another to create a giant Whopper. The kicker was the use of the phrase "the freaky king," or "the creepy king" -- I couldn't quite make it out, but that plastic king character they use is, indeed, creepy.

Our "watercooler" conversations here at work talked about the FedEx and the insurance commercials (though none of us could remember what they were advertising -- not a good sign for an advertisement!).

Return to posts index

Charlie King
on Feb 10, 2006 at 10:29:17 pm

[Dex Craig] "(though none of us could remember what they were advertising -- not a good sign for an advertisement!)."

This is the main thing I have problems with when you look at todays commercials. So often I feel this is some "movie producer wannabe Ad man" satisfying his ego making his mini-movie at an advertiser's expense. I sure miss the days that commercials were entertaining and actually created traffic at someones business.

Charlie

ProductionKing Video Services
Unmarked Door Productions
Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]