ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sliding Text From Left To Light

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zulmi RamdySliding Text From Left To Light
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 1:54:56 am

Hi, sorry I'm rather new in using Adobe AE and still trying to find way make a sliding text effect.

At first, I was following this tutorial in making slide effect that move the text from right to left (first character came then followed by later till last character).
(start from 25.12 till 30.27) sorry, I was failed to upload the video, newbie mistake!

the problem was coming when I'm trying to opposite the movement making the text moving from left to right.

When i'm setting animate "position" to move from left to right, the text will start from first character, meanwhile I was trying to make smooth sliding effect by starting from last character to first character. (I hope I don't make anyone confuse).

So, is there anyway I could do to make sliding text effect from left to right starting from last character to first character?

Thanks for your kind reply!

Return to posts index

Christopher KirkmanRe: Sliding Text From Left To Light
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 8:16:34 pm

Twirl down the range selector of your text animator and keyframe End to 100%. Make sure Start is set to 0%. Move down your timeline a bit and keyframe End to 0%. That should bring the text in, one letter at a time starting from the last letter and ending on the first. Whether it comes in from the left or the right depends on where you set the animators position.

Return to posts index

Zulmi RamdyRe: Sliding Text From Left To Light
by on Jun 9, 2016 at 9:12:02 pm

Hey thanks, it does well, even though the setting of slide position become the opposite of the tutorial.

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved