ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Workflow between AFX and PPro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rhys SherringWorkflow between AFX and PPro
by on May 30, 2016 at 11:36:44 am

Hey CC community.

So I'm putting together a short fictional advertisement for my short film using HD footage from a Blackmagic 4K, cutting it together in Premiere Pro. I'm finding myself going back and forth quite a lot between PPro and AFX because I'm doing a lot of transition effects. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the most efficient workflow between the two programs.

My process so far: I'm importing the footage into PPro and cutting the scenes on individual sequences. I then go into AFX and dynamic link import PPro sequence and do some transition effects. I then add to render cue and export as a lossless high quality quicktime PNG to bring back into PPro to try and refrain from losing quality. I'm planning to XML export the PPro sequence into Davinci resolve for a colour grade and bring it back into PPro for sound work and final export.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Workflow between AFX and PPro
by on Jun 1, 2016 at 12:55:46 pm

I would do most of what you're doing except for the Dynamic Link part. I prefer to simply use the Import>Import Premiere Pro Project command. That way I have each cut on its own layer which I find easier to work with.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved