ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do you make abstract molecular designs?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Asshwin MugundharajahHow do you make abstract molecular designs?
by on May 6, 2016 at 4:23:59 pm

Not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this as i am kinda new. I want to make something similar to this https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-9465020-stock-footage-abstract-mole... and have it looped as well just like in the video. Are there any plug ins or presets that helps me achieve this effect or will i have to use another type of software such as a 3d animation software.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How do you make abstract molecular designs?
by on May 6, 2016 at 8:19:55 pm

You could create this in Cinema 4D or something like that, but you can also make something similar in AE using a third-party plugin like Form or Plexus.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: How do you make abstract molecular designs?
by on May 7, 2016 at 1:45:22 pm

That specific look is Plexus, but like Michael says, it can be done with other plug-ins as well.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do you make abstract molecular designs?
by on May 7, 2016 at 2:26:08 pm

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How do you make abstract molecular designs?
by on May 7, 2016 at 2:32:39 pm

Here's a tutorial that links uses a script to connect all the points. Script part is at the 2nd half of the tutorial.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]