ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Default text layers timeframe in timeline to visible timeline

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Koharu SakamotoDefault text layers timeframe in timeline to visible timeline
by on Apr 17, 2016 at 12:00:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing a large amount of editing and I feel the process is being severely elongated by a simple mechanic when adding a new text layer. When I create a new text layer, by default Adobe AE (CC) sets the starting and ending time of the text layer to the first and last second of the overall video being edited (min and max values of the timeline)

Is there a way I can make After Effects automatically set the start and end times of a new text layer to the visible portion of the timeline, and not the overall start and end times of the timeline?

Thanks very much everyone!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Default text layers timeframe in timeline to visible timeline
by on Apr 17, 2016 at 2:58:06 pm

This isn't automatic bit it is aimple.
To set ANY layer's in point at the position of the timeline cursor, hilight it and use the Alt- [ keyboard shortcut. Use the Opt key for this on a Mac.qq

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Koharu SakamotoRe: Default text layers timeframe in timeline to visible timeline
by on Apr 17, 2016 at 4:29:20 pm

I

Love

YOU Dave!

Thank you so much for this, it's helped me a lot. Basically I was doing this the manual way, and that was causing me to take 10 minutes to do it, now it's taking less than a minute!

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Default text layers timeframe in timeline to visible timeline
by on Apr 25, 2016 at 7:41:01 pm

Sometimes duplicating the layer can be helpful. CMD/CTRL-D and you can select layers using the numberpad.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]