ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

ping pong loop a null object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danny vidanping pong loop a null object
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 7:13:37 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to ping pong loop a null object with tracking data? I know I could time remap and loop the original footage and then motion track, but it's a high res footage, which need to be looped many times.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: ping pong loop a null object
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 4:36:27 pm

Look into use the loopOut expression.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

danny vidanRe: ping pong loop a null object
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 11:30:46 pm

I will try to explain my question again. I'm fairly new to AE but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else:

I have a high res footage of a walking person.I motion tracked the movement in the footage and applied it to a null object.

Now, I need to loop the footage, and I'm using the loopOut("pingpong",0) expression to loop my footage for 20 times.

The question: Is there a way to loop the motion tracking data I originally captured (or the null object containing the tracking data), without running the motion tracker again on the entire looped footage?

Due to the size of the looped footage it will be practically impossible. Even though I able to loop the footage I cant figure out how to loop the tracking data...

Many Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Apr 6, 2016 at 2:02:59 pm

Why can't you use the loopOut expression on your tracking data too?

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 6, 2016 at 10:15:26 pm

In order to loop, I select Time/Enable time remap, and then I click on the clock icon on the left hand side of the layer and enter the loop expression: loopOut("pingpong",0).

The problem is that after I use the motion tracker, I am unable to select the "Enable time remap" for the layer with the tracker data or the null object layer with the tracking info. The Enable time remap option is grayed out for those layers.

Any help will be appreciated....

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2016 at 1:24:07 pm

You don't use Time Remapping for that. Just apply the loopOut expression to any keyframed parameter (position, rotation, scale, etc.)

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on Apr 8, 2016 at 2:03:22 am

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how can I loop my footage the way I described above without using time remapping. It doesn't seems to work with other keyframed parameters. Could you please provide a more detailed explanation?

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Apr 8, 2016 at 1:41:45 pm

You loop the footage with Time Remapping and then the loopOut expression.
Then you also apply the loopOut expression to your tracking data.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

by on Apr 9, 2016 at 1:39:51 pm

Thank you. That's helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]