ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pan behind precision

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry SmithPan behind precision
by on Apr 1, 2016 at 11:03:34 pm

Is there a way to use the Pan Behind Tool to move the anchor point to a precise point? I want to be enter, e.g., x=546, y=122. Everything is pixel perfect and I am using snap to grid, so I can do one perfectly. But it's super tiresome to do a whole bunch by hand. I'd be very happy if there were a way to just use my keypad to punch in the coordinates.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Pan behind precision
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 5:54:53 pm

I don't know of a way to do it. But why so many for you? What are you trying to change? There might be an easier way.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jerry SmithRe: Pan behind precision
by on Apr 2, 2016 at 8:10:48 pm

Maybe I should just add the adjustments to the position and subtract them from the anchor point. That sorta thing. Then I could do it with the keypad.

Why so many? Well, I have about 3000 to do. It's a whole extended family of videos. Not just one. The shapes cum text get imported from Photoshop and their position is pixel perfect. But the anchor point is right in the middle of the composition whereas I need each shape's anchor point to be in it's center (I'm lying just a tad here, but just a tad.).

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2016 at 8:19:34 pm

(Wierd, I couldn't find the edit button for my last post.)

So, the 3000 are shape layers from photoshop. I actually need the anchor point to be in the vertical center of the right side of each shape. I probably should just write a script that does the add subtraction thing I mentioned above. I wonder if there is a way of having AE detect the location of the right edge of a rectangle?

Return to posts index

Ken TeutschRe: Pan behind precision
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 2:49:05 pm

Try this. It's only $2.00.

http://www.batchframe.com/extras/info/Move-Anchor-Point-3

Return to posts index

by on Apr 6, 2016 at 10:45:46 am

Thanks! I'll check it out!

Return to posts index

by on May 29, 2016 at 5:16:27 pm