ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Somehow including footage with project.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry SmithSomehow including footage with project.
by on Mar 18, 2016 at 10:43:43 pm

I have a project and there are some photoshop files that it uses. I now need to put the project with the photoshop files on a thumb drive so I can give it to somebody. How do I do it?

Perhaps I should add, I'm not even entirely sure where the photopshop files are located on my machine. There are likely several identical versions and also a few different versions in different places. The files are shared by other AE projects, so I have tried to not touch them for fear of breaking something. But I do want to copy the ones in use along with the AE project onto my thumb drive.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Somehow including footage with project.
by on Mar 20, 2016 at 8:20:17 pm

Simple -- use the Collect Files command.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Somehow including footage with project.
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 1:04:55 pm

+1 Collect Files. But want to add, if you are going to make a career out of motion graphics/editing, make a plan for media management. Never should you have to be searching for files/logos/video in your own projects. Believe me, this is a lesson I've learned the hard way multiple times.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved