ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

RAM preview doesn't match render speed.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasmine xeniaRAM preview doesn't match render speed.
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:55:47 am

Hello! So I had not used after effects for around a year and my mistake is that I imported my footage which is 600fps into my project and proceeded to edit all my compositions set at 99fps (I forgot to set this and it automatically went to 99) AND my RAM preview was set to 29.97 this whole time ... I apologize in advance.

My RAM preview of my project is perfect but my render is always too fast no matter what I try.
I saved my RAM preview and played it back as a quicktime movie and it also played back the same as the render (too fast).

Please help me I have worked 4 days straight on this so far and feel it's my best work, to start again is not an option :+)

Return to posts index

Jasmine xeniaRe: RAM preview doesn't match render speed.
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 6:03:33 am

I seem to have found a solution, though i'm not sure how it will affect the quality, I did a test render and it looks great.

I removed the audio layer, then took my main comp and dragged it into a new comp, setting 29.97fps.
I applied a time stretch to the footage layer until it played back in the RAM preview at the desired speed (stretch factor 330 in the end). Then I brought my audio layer and synced it again using time stretch.

If anyone has an better solution please post it, thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: RAM preview doesn't match render speed.
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 4:35:18 pm

This has "slo-mo" written all over it.

Here's the easy way --
  • Import your 600 fps footage.
  • Conform the clip's to 29.97 in AE's Interpret Footage settings.
  • Drag the clip onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project panel.
  • Render in the media container & codec of your choice, or have Adobe Media Encoder do it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved