ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issues Exporting highly compressed to Youtube . .

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross LeesonIssues Exporting highly compressed to Youtube . .
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 2:14:56 am

Hi All,

Forgive me if I have posted this twice. I would say I am an advanced beginner with it comes to Motion Graphics.

I have just finished a music video. In this I used a lot of nested comp's with extra effects on then. I built a 3D environment. The video is viewable here.

This render is from a 2GB file. Youtube destroyed the quality so I went back added a 2 Pass VBR set the bitrate as youtube specifies. This made it horrendous.

Is it possible this will not render how I want it to ? Here is a screen grab from the video it is lossless quality.

The reds turn to blocks the chroma keyed subject / rapper looks really washed out and the colours look all messed up. I have a feeling this may be a very complicated issue ???

I have worked so hard on this I really hope I haven't worked my way into a hole. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ross

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Issues Exporting highly compressed to Youtube . .
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 6:14:14 am

There is too much motion and variation for the low bitrates used by video hosting sites like YouTube et al. If internet streaming is the primary distribution platform you should simplify the video, or upload a higher bitrate version to a different site.

High compression encoding works best when blocks of pixels from one frame can be reused in several other frames. Videos with a lot of action, camera motion, and color variation force the encoder to use pixel blocks that are "close enough" to the original video. The problem is close enough might not be very good.

If you perform a search on this site for Ivan Myles YouTube you will find my prior comments on typical problems and recommended solutions.

Return to posts index

Ross LeesonRe: Issues Exporting highly compressed to Youtube . .
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 10:58:28 am

Hi Ivan,

I found an article saying YouTube recommended settings are for upload speed and that they can be pushed to 50,000 Kbps. That is much higher than I thought so I am going to try that and if it doesn't work then I will change the project to slow the pixel movement between frames. If you know anything about what YouTube does to videos I would love to hear it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Issues Exporting highly compressed to Youtube . .
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 12:36:34 pm

Files can be uploaded at very high bitrates--even ProRes and DNxHD files are supported--but YouTube still compresses them to around 0.07 bits/pixel. By comparison, that's about 1/10th the bitrate of a blu-ray disc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]