ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Position/Keyframe Velocity

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Mullins
Position/Keyframe Velocity
on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:19:57 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to get a custom ease on position keyframes. I can't use the graph editor, but am also kind of at a loss on how to edit without it (just using the keyframe velocity numbers).

Can someone explain to me speed/influence and how to get it to look smooth? I've just been putting numbers in and doing it by trial and error, but that takes too much time and I still don't really understand what I'm doing. I tried to follow this: https://dribbble.com/shots/1723793-Keyframe-Velocity making the top number stay the same for the outgoing and incoming and just the percentage changes, but it still doesn't look quite how I want. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Position/Keyframe Velocity
on Dec 10, 2015 at 6:27:22 pm

Why can't you use the graph editor? Is it broken?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Julie Mullins
on Dec 10, 2015 at 7:12:46 pm

Doesn't seem to work for position keyframes. It shows up in the graph editor, but I can't use bezier handles. Maybe it handles temporal and spatial properties differently?

Return to posts index

Ken Teutsch
on Dec 10, 2015 at 8:19:38 pm

As for the velocities... I'm not an expert.

But have you tried separating the position dimensions (right click on position, choose "Separate Dimensions) to make them controllable in the graph editor?

Return to posts index

Julie Mullins
on Dec 10, 2015 at 10:47:46 pm

That works! Thank you! :)

I'd still like to understand the keyframe velocity panel as well if anyone could explain.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]