ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

slow rendering anomoly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paddy Uglowslow rendering anomoly
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 5:29:42 am

This is rather ancient history - for various reasons I still use CS3, but maybe someone can help anyway.
I've imported a movie, set up a comp and exported it, and it takes about 40 mins, which is fine.

But I've got quite a few movies to export as separate comps, so I imported them all and set up a comp for each. Now each one is taking about 8 HOURS to export. If I remove everything from the Project window apart from one comp and one movie, it renders at a decent speed again.
What's going on? I'd like to be able to batch render all these comps rather than doing one at a time.
Thanks

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: slow rendering anomoly
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 9:37:52 pm

"Export as comps"? I'm not understanding what you trying to do: What file format are you trying to export as?

I would likely suggest Media Encoder, but unsure of what you're trying to accomplish.

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: slow rendering anomoly
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 5:55:33 am

Difficult to identify the root cause without more info: system specs, sequence settings, project complexity, codec, etc. One definite issue is that CS3 was designed for a 32-bit OS, so memory is quite likely one of constraints. Also, HDD/SSD might be slowing you down. How full are your drives?

Return to posts index

Paddy UglowRe: slow rendering anomoly
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 11:35:59 am

Sorry for unclear specs and terminology, folks. I'm turning a collection of ProRes LT and DV-PAL files into 720p AIC files.
I think I may have worked it out - I went to prefs and deleted all caches and databases, and moved them to my biggest disk (though I had around 70GB free on the disk where it was cacheing before).
It seemed to be rendering (I'm just adding some curves) at a more sensible rate (2.5 hours, rather than 28 that it was predicting yesterday), but I've just checked it and it's crashed! :-(
Thankfully I've been saved (again) by the wonderful JES Deinterlacer.

Paddy, CreativeMedia.org.uk

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: slow rendering anomoly
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 3:10:15 pm

Another consideration is reading and writing on the same disc, it would be faster to read from one disc and write to a different one, if that is possible in your setup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]