ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to film someone in a small box?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce MooseHow to film someone in a small box?
by on Nov 22, 2015 at 4:36:26 am

I don't care for the song but saw this video and was curious how this is done.

In the video Drake is seen standing in a box thing that changes colors.

Is that a green screen and the rest is just effects to change the colors or is Drake actually standing in a box with lights above that change?

Here is the video for reference

Thanks.

Bryce

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: How to film someone in a small box?
by on Nov 22, 2015 at 10:15:05 am

To me it looks like they've built an actual set and are using colored lights. Probably adjusted further in post, but a real set used in the shoot.

Return to posts index

Bryce MooseRe: How to film someone in a small box?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 5:04:02 am

Okay thanks,

How do you replicate it with a green screen? Just curious. I know you can at least get the green screen under your feet and behind you but what about the box look that goes over your head? I ask because I also saw a video parody of this done by a high school and they used a green screen but can't figure out how they got the green at the top over their head. LOL

Bryce

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: How to film someone in a small box?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 7:53:27 am

You need the green screen only behind the person, doesn't have to cover the image area, just the area where the person moves; everything else get's masked out and replaced.

If you don't need a moving camera, it is pretty straightforward, plenty of tutorials on the subject can be found. (Although quality results with greenscreening is not a trivial task, first thing I had to do was get myself a new camera when I started.) Plentiful and even lighting is crucial.

You could make your backdrop in Photoshop as a 2D still in neutral color (shades of grey), and add color lighting in AE.

Or, if you're more adventurous, create a 3D scene from 3D solids.

Return to posts index

Bryce MooseRe: How to film someone in a small box?
by on Nov 24, 2015 at 5:30:14 pm

Oh, I get it now :)

Thanks

Bryce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]