ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Suggestions for training,

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica BrownSuggestions for training,
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 7:27:56 pm

At my job, I currently produce short how-to videos consisting of screencasts, voiceover, and occasional camera footage. We're looking to move toward more animated videos and my bosses want to get me some training to learn. Of course, I'm going to suggest an After Effects training. I'm familiar with Premiere Pro already. Can anyone suggest any other programs I should learn in addition to AE?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Suggestions for training,
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 8:47:45 pm

If you think you'll be doing a lot of animation, Illustrator and Photoshop often come in handy when working in AE.

I'm not sure what training your employer is providing, but if you want to get a head start, I would suggest,, and of course, right here at the COW.

Return to posts index

Jessica BrownRe: Suggestions for training,
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 1:19:35 pm

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been giving myself little projects to do in Photoshop for about a year, so I've got a good foundation, but I've never used Illustrator though. I'll look into it. I started an AE course on Lynda last month before I knew the bosses wanted to send me to a class, so...yay lol. I will definitely look at the courses here and

Return to posts index

Richard HerdRe: Suggestions for training,
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 5:43:50 am

Just so you know...Adobe Illustrator also transitions easily into Adobe Indesign. And that software stack will do you well!

Return to posts index

Jessica BrownRe: Suggestions for training,
by on Oct 22, 2015 at 1:49:03 pm

Riiight! InDesign is another one I've been planning to get into on my own time. So much to learn!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Suggestions for training,
by on Oct 28, 2015 at 1:45:13 pm

I think there is a lot of value in the Trish & Chris Meyer books also. The approach is very step by step, with one the following lessons building on earlier ones. Great for learning the fundamentals. Most of the new stuff they do is on Lynda, but for 20 bucks for used copies, it's a great deal.

Amazon Link

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved