ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator lines, pixels and after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bur Ci
Illustrator lines, pixels and after effects
on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:18:17 pm

For all you pros out there, I have a workflow issue that I need to resolve.

I am creating artwork within Illustrator only to later work with in AE. I specifically created lines, and these lines will be zoomed into with a 3d camera, however, I am noticing that the resolution of my lines look very low within AE.

The graphic will be inserted into a movie shot in 2k, thus I created a sequence in 2k. (It will probably be later be screened at a film festival)

Question is,

Why do my lines looked so pixeled, is there settings that I need to fix within AI or AE? I was under the impression that these lines will not pixel if they are vector lines. I created these lines with the pen tool, which create vector lines, right? Anyhow, I am clearly confused so Id like ask for tips. thanks !

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Illustrator lines, pixels and after effects
on Oct 8, 2015 at 7:18:21 pm

Post a picture with your comp window & timeline please. Twirl open the layer that the lines are on so we can what effects you have used.

thanks

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Oct 8, 2015 at 9:20:48 pm

Hey Johnny,

I havent really added any effects on the illustration itself, I hope its just a composition setting though, i.e Bit to 16 rather than 8 in illustrator. Im not near my machine right now, so I cant test that idea out.

best!

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 9, 2015 at 1:25:27 pm

The problem was that your "Layer 5 Eyeline", didn't have the continuously rasterize button pressed(looks like a little sun). That button makes AE know that your layers are vector and will maintain crispness no matter the scale.

Here's a good explanation of Continously Rasterize/Collapse Layers Button, it's a process you need to know when using AE.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Oct 10, 2015 at 10:12:41 am

John thanks a lot for the tip, it did the trick!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]