ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask Points

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent WallisMask Points
by on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:19:52 am

Sorry I know it should be simple but how can i move a mask point individually? Sometimes I'll click in the wrong place and suddenly I'm moving all the points. (In THIS case I'm trying to animate a mask). I googled this and thought I had an answer...have to have the mask selected and the proper pen tool selected and it worked a few times then for whatever reason the AE Gods started putting handles on each point rather then letting me move them individually. I literally made a fist shaped hole in my IKEA desk so I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: Mask Points
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 7:24:14 pm

You can see what is selected in the shape of the mask points, as in:

If everything is selected, you can click in the gray area outside the comp to deselect. If the bounding box is showing, press "esc" on the keyboard to get out of that mode. (You get into that mode by double-clicking on the mask or by selecting point and pressing ctrl-T [on a PC]. The bounding box mode is good for transforming the entire shape -- scaling or rotating multiple points or the entire shape).

Return to posts index

Kent WallisRe: Mask Points
by on Oct 5, 2015 at 8:16:39 pm

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive feedback. AE is a great tool but it can also be a pain for us self-taught hobbyists.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved