ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask Rotation problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego MartinezMask Rotation problem
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 9:50:14 pm

Hi folks,
This is driving me nuts, I have AE CC 2015 and I can't rotate masks! I mean: I draw a mask then enter into free transform mode, I can resize it but when I try to rotate (cursor changes into circular arrows, etc) it immediately snaps to the cursor and resizes the mask instead.
There must be something I overlooked here, any ideas?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Mask Rotation problem
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 1:13:06 pm

In your comp window, when double click one of the mask vertex points. A box should appear around the entire masked object, move the selection tool over one of the corners and you will get a rotate tool.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Diego MartinezRe: Mask Rotation problem
by on Sep 30, 2015 at 3:06:07 pm

thanks for your answer
I know that, that is how it is supposed to work (at least in previous versions). The box appears around the mask, rotation tool appears, but for some reason it snaps to the cursor and changes the size of the mask. It doesn't allow me to rotate the mask.

Return to posts index

Bibin ThomasRe: Mask Rotation problem
by on Jan 18, 2016 at 6:10:49 am

the frischluft feedup plugin is causing this issue. delete it! it might be in the common plugins folder

Adobe Community

Return to posts index

Jeff BobbingtonRe: Mask Rotation problem
by on Jan 18, 2016 at 1:07:49 pm

I get this issue too and I've read others having it, I don't have the plug-in mentioned above.
Seems to be a CC glitch which comes and goes. Try restarting or drawing your mask in a different project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved