ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

when scaling a shape layer on one side, the position changes slightly...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Johnsonwhen scaling a shape layer on one side, the position changes slightly...
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 12:55:09 am

I have a bar about 50 pixels wide, height of my comp. (1920x1080). I move the anchor point to the right side of the object. Starting from here, I set a keyframe, move forward in time then try to scale only on the X axis, but when I do, after about 120% or so, the entire shape starts moving left as well. All I'm trying to do is grow the shape from the left side only... so picture a bar in the middle of a comp and then just the left side grows from where it's at to the 0 (zero) on the x axis.

I tried initially with a solid layer, but as I scaled a solid, the actual edges of the solid became blurry. Raster continuously was on and all else was set to high.

In print terms, I'm just trying to stretch the left side of my shape from where it's at to the far left edge of the comp over so that it grows from around the center outwards to the left to the edge of the comp but with shapes, I get a position drift and with solids I get a blurry edge (of the solid)

?

Return to posts index

Kelly JohnsonRe: when scaling a shape layer on one side, the position changes slightly...
by on Sep 28, 2015 at 3:09:35 am

must have been a glitch. Restarted AE and it didn't drift. weird.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]