ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Courtney Sheetzsilhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 4:42:58 pm

I'm posting because I don't even know how to phrase what I need to do.
I have footage that was given to me of a woman's silhouette behind a folded shower curtain.
The footage and outline of her body is all fine and good but I want to smooth out those creases.
I was looking into rack focus, but I don't want to risk blurring the outline of her body.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you so much in advance for your time!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 6:04:04 pm

Can you post a still of your footage?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Courtney SheetzRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 3:43:01 am

Here is an Image from the shoot! Thank you guys!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 10:42:01 pm

Is there any chance of a re-shoot, with the shower curtain pulled tight to remove wrinkles?

It'll be a lot easier......................

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Courtney SheetzRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 3:45:20 am

We may have time... I have this issue and cropping the corners out of a shot where the blue light creeped around the corners of the curtain. Aside from taking time to key and crop and edit around mistakes made I'm not sure if there is a fast solution for that one either.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 5:35:59 pm

Yeah, I'd re-shoot. In the long run, it will be a LOT easier to do it than it will to fix the original shot in AE.

You'll also have some time to remove the folds from that shower curtain. It looks like it got hung up straight out of the package from the store. That isn't good. Repeated applications of hot water combined with a large, flat surface should do the trick.

So I guess this is more about planning a shot properly than it is about fixing a shot in AE. I'm thinking that building a frame to stretch this thing nice and tight would work a lot better than just hanging it... after you work the folds out of it first, of course.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 4:43:17 pm

Reshooting is a very likely scenario.

You could try surface blur with high radius settings that get rid of the unwanted creases without messing up the shaodw, then a small-radius fast blur, then adding a fake texture to replace the texture that will be wiped out by the blurs. Possibly will have to add some motion to the texture layer to make it convincing, otherwise it will look like a screen not a curtain.

Return to posts index

Kalle KannistoRe: silhouette with a wrinkled sheet!
by on Sep 25, 2015 at 6:25:37 pm

Would look something like this (before and) after surface blur and fast blur. Don't know if it is any good, it starts to blur out some of the softer edges of the silhouette as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]