ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Retaining source time code when sausage-ing footage through Ae

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Foerster
Retaining source time code when sausage-ing footage through Ae
on Sep 24, 2015 at 1:39:19 am

Excuse my Petulance but I'm shoving a ton of noisey A7s footage @ 128000iso through neat video in AE and I'd like to retain the original source TC so we can link audio up as it was recorded in the mixer. How do I force the time code to be "source" -Thanks!!

Mark Foerster csc
Toronto

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Retaining source time code when sausage-ing footage through Ae
on Sep 24, 2015 at 6:00:25 pm

Unless the TC isn't in the meta-data, AE retains source TC. Just take your clip, drag it on the make new comp button and it should have but if it's not, just press "cntl+K" for the comp, and set the start TC as needed.

Also, it may depend on your codec if you are trying to maintain the TC after you render. I just did a test though, exported footage from my Avid, using the DNxHD codec(free on the Avid site), put it on the make comp icon and it had it's TC. Rendered back to the DNxHD codec, imported into Avid and it kept the original TC. Just for fun, I imported the footage into Premiere---still maintains TC.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mark Foerster
Re: Retaining source time code when sausage-ing footage through Ae
on Sep 26, 2015 at 5:45:22 pm

Thanks John for taking the time!
This is what makes the COW great!!

Mark Foerster csc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]