ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mask a book to allow a character to appear on page

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul JulianMask a book to allow a character to appear on page
by on Sep 4, 2015 at 6:33:00 am

Some quick help - I have a book opening (footage) and on the left are two logos, on the right I have silhouette I want to appear, but only within the page of the book, so it'll slide in from the right (off screen/book) and appears.

Can someone give me a walkthrough how to do that ? I've got the layers set up with the timings, etc, I just don't know how to mask it.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Mask a book to allow a character to appear on page
by on Sep 4, 2015 at 2:55:16 pm

If it were me, I would duplicate your book layer and place it on top of the comp stack. Then I would mask the page that will constrain your silhouette animation. You may have to adjust your mask frame by frame, but it shouldn't be to difficult as everything should be hard/straight lines. When that is done, place the "silhouette animation" below your masked page and change the it's track matte(F4 will toggles between track mattes and layer switches) to "alpha matte". Now the silhouette should be constrained to the page.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]