ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My After Effects CS5.5 keeps crashing every time I do this

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
james gowersMy After Effects CS5.5 keeps crashing every time I do this
by on Aug 30, 2015 at 5:36:32 pm

Before you ask yes this is a legit copy of CS5.5 which I got though university 3years ago. reason being for mentioning this is because in the error message before it crashes it shows this:

Last log message was: <140735248343808> <0> Unable to obtain the User 'Language' registry key at: Software\Adobe\After Effects\10.5\ Defaulting to 'en_US'.

now I don't fully understand code but this is really confusing me.
This error only occurs when I select the colour dropper to match colours with another image etc. the only way I've found to get around this is by finding out the RGB numbers and inputting it in that way.

This never used to happen until recently and it causing stress now as I still select it and (when it crashes) I end up having a melt down because I hadn't saved the past 20min etc

Can anyone help me understand why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: My After Effects CS5.5 keeps crashing every time I do this
by on Sep 1, 2015 at 6:21:46 pm

If you're using a new Mac OSX version with an old version of AE, this is a common issue.
In Preferences>General tick the box to "Use System Color Picker" and see if that helps. (If it's already ticked, untick it and see if it helps.)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]