ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Blur and Close Keyframes issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
António FerreiraMotion Blur and Close Keyframes issue
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 1:33:26 am

Hello,is there any way to prevent that Motion Blur issue when we have close keyframes?
Everytime I need close keyframes, the second last one, always gets a blurish aspect, even if the last one is exactly at the same position.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Blur and Close Keyframes issue
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 5:22:35 pm

What property are you trying to keyframe? Your screen shot doesn't tell us if it's Position or some other property.

Do you have a frame rate mismatch between your comp and your footage?

What kind of footage is this? Media container & codec?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

António FerreiraRe: Motion Blur and Close Keyframes issue
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 5:51:48 pm

Hello. Thank you for your answer.

I'm trying to keyframe rotation of several elements. But it always happens when trying to make any kind of movement.

Those are seperated elements, created in photoshop and imported to after effects. In this case there's forearm, arm and hand, as seperated elements.

When I have two keyframes, for example in 10th and 11th frame, the second last one always gets that blury aspect, when motion blur is activated. It results in some unwanted transitions. Even if those keyframes have exactly the same properties.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Motion Blur and Close Keyframes issue
by on Aug 20, 2015 at 1:09:46 pm

Change your keyframes(right click on the keyframe and chose Keyframe interpolation) to linear. You have one of the bezier types and AE will automatically add ease in and outs which is adding the movement to your objects.

Check out Keyframe interpolation Help

and Keyframes & Interpolation - After Effects Tutorial for more information

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved