ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Inverted Eyeball in video column.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david blileyInverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 6:54:46 pm

What does it mean?

I'm working in a Digital Juice pre-made AE template and I'm trying to change the basic color of the template, but having a hard time figuring out exactly how this project is reading the layers. I'm wondering if the inverted eyeballs have something to do with it.

Thanks for any help on this!

david

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Inverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 9:56:09 pm

"Inverted eyeball" is an entirely new term to me, and I've been an AE user since 1996. The eyeball icon is either visible or its box is empty, indicating whether you can see the layer or you can't.

Can you show us a screenshot? Or use more descrptive language, preferably in English?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

david blileyRe: Inverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 10:37:13 pm

Thanks for your response, Dave.

See how some "eyes" are normal and others are… perhaps "negative" is a more appropriate term. I'm not sure what it means or what it's really called.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Inverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 10:44:24 pm

What version of AE is this? It appears those are effects that have been applied.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

david blileyRe: Inverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 18, 2015 at 10:50:32 pm

CC 2014

There are a lot of effects in this project.

Oh! But this is an old Digital Juice template… so I'm sure it was created in CS4 or something. Think that has something to do with it?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Inverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:51:57 pm

It shows that a blending mode, Preserve Underlying Transparency switch, and/or track matte is used by the layer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Inverted Eyeball in video column.
by on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:55:35 pm

Often in template projects, many layers might be shied(as they generally aren't needed), look to see if the guy looking over a wall button is pressed. You might not be seeing all the layers that are being used, so you should start there.

Otherwise posting a screen grab of the final timeline will be very helpful in trying to determine where the background color information might be.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]